Wholegrain bread is a rich source of nutrients such as:
· Carbohydrate for energy;
· B-group vitamins (thiamine, riboflavin and niacin), which help release energy from food;
· Both insoluble fibre for good gut health and soluble fibre, which can help lower cholesterol absorption;
· Protein for growth and repair;
· Other vitamins and minerals such s iron, selenium and magnesium;
· Natural antioxidants such as vitamin E.
Is Wholegrain Better?
Not necessarily. Wholegrain breads are higher in fibre, as the outer bran layer of the grain is present, but bran also contains phytates, which can reduce some of the nutrients we absorb from wholegrains. The good news is some phytates are broken down during the bread fermentation process and wholegrain breads tend to have more nutrients than white breads anyway. Milling grains to make white flour removes much of the bran and germ, so white bread has lower levels of vitamins, minerals and fibre.
To compensate for the fact that half of all bread eaten is white, this type is often fortified with iron, calcium, folate and omega-3 fats.
It is time to guard yourself against dangers like, pollutants, questionable farming practices, and stress – these factors increasingly contribute to a growing healthcare crisis. Mannatech has championed revolutionary discoveries designed to help boost your body’s ability to stay healthy. Offering a solution for overall wellness is Mannatech's commitment.