There are so many people telling us what is healthy to eat, yet so many of them disagree. Here we look at the truth behind 3 confusing messages.
Carbohydrates make you fat
Carbohydrates by themselves won’t make you fat. But if you eat too much of anything protein, fat or carbohydrates you’ll put on weight.
Eating is about behaviours and if you eat a lot of simple carbohydrates – soft drinks, cakes etc you may end up feeling hungry sooner. If this results in you consuming more calories than you burn, you will put on weight.
Reduced fat on the label means it’s healthy
Australian labeling regulations determine what to expect of a food carrying a particular statement. For example:
“Low fat” foods must have less than 3 grams of fat per 100 weight (ie. They’re 97% fat free, or higher).
“Reduced fat” foods must have 25% less fat than the original version. This doesn’t mean the food is low in fat. For example, cheddar cheese has 33% fat by weight, so reduced fat cheddar will still have around 24% by weight. That’s a lot of fat!
You shouldn’t combine protein and carbohydrates
Restricting consumption of some types of foods simultaneously, such as carbohydrates with proteins, is a hallmark of quick-weight-loss. Taking the potatoes away from the meat means you’ll eat less, no doubt about it.
The traditional Asian diet regularly combines protein and carbohydrate, yet traditional Asian societies contain far fewer overweight and obese people, compared to western societies.
Mannatech is an Industry Pioneer:
* Mannatech exceeded US$1.5 billion cumulative in the first 10 years.
* Mannatech is publicly traded (NASDAQ, MTEX)
* Mannatech is cutting-edge in research and development.
* Mannatech has patended technologies.
* Mannatech has education and it's distribution network fosters one-on-one relationships and continued growth.
* Mannatech has more than 430,000 active Wellness Consultants.
* Mannatech has international growth in Canada, the UK, Germany, Denmark, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Korea and Taiwan - and that's just the beginning!