About Asthma in
- Over 2 million Australians have asthma.
- On average, 6 Australians die from asthma every week.
- 1 in 6 children and 1 in 9 adults has asthma.
- The highest rat of asthma is amongst people aged between 15 and 24.
- 40% of children with asthma live with people who smoke.
- Nearly 25% of people with asthma are smokers.
Things you should know about asthma:
- Asthma is a serious condition, but is can be effectively managed.
- Asthma varies for each individual – so everyone needs their own written Asthma Action Plan. Most people with asthma don’t have this vital tool.
- Reliever medication should be carried at all times by people with asthma.
- Many people with asthma could benefit from regular preventer medication, but do not use it.
- People with asthma can learn the signs of worsening asthma, and how they can best manage their asthma triggers.
- Asthma first aid training is available and may save a life.
- People with breathing difficulties should be encouraged to ask – could it be asthma?
Mannatech was founded to provide a vehicle for those who desire a purpose driven opportunity that addresses the two biggest concerns families everywhere face: their health and their finances. One leading economist has predicted that the wellness industry will become the next trillion-dollar industry due to an enormous shift taking place in the healthcare industry. Mannatech has positioned itself through its nutritional discoveries and patents to play a significant role. Mannatech's record growth is a testimony to the efforts of those who have chosen to share this amazing story of hope with those so desperately looking for answers.