There are over 4000 compounds that have antioxidant properties. Some of the most commonly known include:
- vitamin C – is found in citrus fruits, blackcurrants, capsicum, and berries
- vitamin E – is found in vegetable oils, avocadoes, nuts, and wholegrains
- beta carotene – is found in pumpkin, and carrots
- selenium – is found in seafood, lean meat, and wholegrains
- anthocyanins – are found in berries, eggplants, and grapes
- catechins – are found in red wine and tea
- flavenoids – are found in tea, citrus fruits, red wine, and apples
- isoflavenoids – are found in soy products, lentils, and milk
- lignans – are found in sesame seeds, bran, vegetables, and wholegrains
- lutein – is found in leafy greens and corn
- lycopene – is found in tomatoes and watermelon
- manganese – is found in lean meat, seafood, milk, and nuts
- polyphenols – are found in thyme and oregano
The foods associated with the antioxidants above are just examples of what foods the associated antioxidants can be found in. Some of the best overall sources of antioxidants are berries, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pomegranates, and ginger. In fact, you could think of these as the “superfoods” of the antioxidant world.
Glyconutrients, or plant-based "health sugars," are a key factor in Mannatech's products. They support your body's natural ability to reach optimum nutritional levels and play a role in enhancing the quality of life. Mannatech are the leaders in this industry and want to share this exciting opportunity for maintaining good health with you! Mannatech’s proprietary products redefine wellness and are designed to give you assurance of nutritional health.